England and Sri Lanka are one of the wonderful teams of the world with quite a few best players. Both the teams will come face to face on 1st November 2021 to win a match of the T20 world cup. Considering the players of both the teams, we will see an outstanding match between these two countries.
Till now, England has won 32 matches in the T20 world cup with a win percentage of 48.38. Also, the team has won one T20 world cup title. So, the chances for England to win the match is quite high. If we talk about Sri Lanka, we can expect a tough match with excellent players who will give their best to win the match.
England vs Sri Lanka match overview
- Considering the past 5 matches between these two teams, England has won all the matches against Sri Lanka. So, we expect a great return by either team to make their place in the T20 world cup 2021.
- So, the winning side of England is more than that of Sri Lanka. However, due to the pitch conditions and players’ hard work, Sri Lanka can take over the match.
England vs Sri Lanka team squad
England team players
- Eoin Morgan
- Moeen Ali
- Jonathan Bairstow
- Sam Billings
- Jos Buttler
- Tom Curran
- Chris Jordan
- Liam Livingstone
- Dawid Malan
- Tymal Mills
- Adil Rashid
- Jason Roy
- David Willey
- Chris Woakes
- Mark Wood
Reserves: Liam Dawson, James Vince, Reece Topley
Sri Lanka team players
- Dasun Shanaka (c)
- Kusal Janith Perera
- Dinesh Chandimal
- Dhananjaya De Silva
- Pathum Nissanka
- Charith Asalanka
- Avishka Fernando
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa
- Chamika Karunaratne
- Wanindu Hasaranga
- Dushmantha Chameera
- Lahiru Kumara
- Maheesh Theekshana
- Akila Dananjaya
- Binura Fernando
England vs Sri Lanka match key factor
There are some points that are very essential for you to understand before getting into any conclusion. Here are the match key factors that you should know. Check them out.
- Both the teams had faced each other 4 times in the T20 world cup match. Out of all the matches, England had won 3 times while Sri Lanka had won 1 time.
- Talking about both T20 and ODI, they have faced each other 11 times out of which England has won 6 times and the rest matches goes into the way of Sri Lanka.
- The pitch of Sharjah cricket stadium is favorable for batting. There are chances that each team will score more than 150 runs in each inning.
- A total of 15 matches played in Sharjah cricket stadium and among these, 9 matches have been won by the team who chose to bat first.
- The weather of Dubai is dry enough which can cause disturbance in pitch. But the match will go in the hands of the team who will bat first.
- Also, the pitch is favorable for spinners. Fast bowlers can have difficulty while bowling. But the spinner’s ball will spin to a great extent which is more than enough to confuse any batsman.
England vs Sri Lanka match prediction
No doubt, both the teams are amazing by their end. There are chances that we will see an outstanding match on Monday. But before going for any conclusion, you should consider some essential points. Here are all the points for you. Have a look.
The batting team
The pitch of Sharjah cricket stadium is favorable for batting. We can expect a great twist and turns in the match if the batting is given to England. The team who will get batting first is definitely going to win the match.
The all-rounder factor
Both the teams have all-rounders that will play incredibly. On the pitch of Sharjah cricket stadium, all-rounders have the chance to play well to help their team to win the match.
The bowling team
You can say that spinners are going to shine in this match. The pitch is totally in favour of spinners. Fast bowlers have to work hard to make their way easier.
England vs Sri Lanka match details
Series: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021
Match: 29th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Date: Mon, 1st November 2021
Time: 20:00 PST | 19:30 IST | 15:00 GMT | 10:00
Local Venue: Sharjah Cricket Stadium, UAE
Stadium: Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Ends: Pavilion End, Sharjah Club End
Hosts to: United Arab Emirates
The match between England and Sri Lanka will go in the favour of the team who will bat first. Since the pitch of Sharjah cricket stadium will work better for the batsman. We can expect more than 150 runs in the first inning and seeing the record of England, there are chances for this team to make their place in the finals of T20 world cup 2021.